Monday, March 10, 2008

Slow down, you're moving to fast...


I have been traveling a lot lately. I don't think I've spent a weekend home since the end of January! So naturally, I'm tired and I'm not thinking clearly...seems to be a common habit of mine, lately!

Last weekend, I visited the boyfriend and he had me bring a few things back with me to give to his family. My car was packed, the rain was pouring down hard, I was stressed out from driving in the rain (wrecked my car in a bad rainstorm 2 years ago, but that's another story), I was freezing cold and soaken wet and I just wanted to get home and go to bed. Before I could go to bed, I had to unpack my car. My hands were full and like I said, I just wasn't thinking clearly. I put my keys in the door, brought in everything, closed the door and went to bed...so good so far, right!?

Not so much. I woke up late the next day and was rushing to get ready. For the life of me, I could not find my keys! I lose my keys a lot, so I searched the usual places, but they were nowhere to be found. Then my memory came back to me...Oh please no! They couldn't be...yep, they were. I had left my keys in the door for a whole night!!!! So, let's just come out and say it...this whole "Being a responsible adult" thing just really isn't working for me! I guess maturity doesn't just come to you after college, at least in my case. It's a process...a long, drawn out, humiliating process:) You win some, you lose some...I hope I start winning some soon, but then again, what would be the point of this blog, right!

Moral of the Story: God gave you a brain for a reason...use it!

No comments: