Thursday, November 10, 2011

The In-Loves


In-Loves = Double the love, my friends. Unless they're scary in-loves and then its not so lovely. Fortunately, the Lord has my back and blessed me with a fabulous mother and father-in-loves. 
So today, I'm very VERY thankful for:

My In-Loves.

Where to begin with how thankful I am for these two folks? They are two of the best parents I know, next to my parents of course ;) HA! But they are extremely loving, supportive and strong for their family. They have created two of the strongest and kindest people I know, The Hubs and Abbs. I write like a dork, but I'm serious. I often ask them how they created such strong, independent (and stubborn) children, and they say "Oh ya know." But I think it was all by example. My father-in-love has a huge heart and would literally give the shirt off his back if I asked for it. And my mother-in-love is, well, a stud. She is extremely kind, hilarious, loving, giving and doesn't care what others think. She is a strong woman and fierce with love. 

If I ever need directions, I call the FIL. I know he'll always answer his phone and he'll always get on it right away. And if I get a text, it most likely is from MIL with some ridiculous photo or text that just makes me laugh and smile. They get me, and I get them. It works.

When I look at the both of them, I see strength. I'm not going to go into detail, except to say that they could have really failed at being parents and it would be understandable. But they rose above it by the skin of their teeth and put their family first. They are fighters, and I like that about them. I know that I have a lot to learn and take away from their example when I'm a mom, and I am so thankful that I have them to look up to. 

Love you In-Loves!

No comments: