Wednesday, May 5, 2010

That was one spicy Cinco de Mayo

Mi Madre: "When is Cinco de Mayo?"
Me: "Mom, that's like asking 'When is the 4th of July?'"

Today, I speak in the romance language of Antonio Banderas. Yes, he is Spanish, but today, he is an honorary Mexican because he is spicy and makes me want to eat burritos and drink margaritas when I hear is voice on the Nasanex commercials. When I first heard that commercial, mi penso, "There is something "so sessy" (aka "so sexy" according to Antonio) about that Bumblebee." And then I learned, that Bumblebee is no ordinary Bumblebee. Ah yes, that is Antonio in the form of a Bumblebee. And since Antonio is "so sessy," the Bumblebee is also "so sessy."

Anyways, today is Cinco de Mayo, and I LOVE Mexican food, so of course, I must eat it today. I am cooking for my roomies and my lover (yes, I'm still keeping with the Antonio accent), and I'm so excited because here is the menu:

Appetizers: Guacamole, Salsa and Chips
Dinner: Grilled Chicken Tostadas
Side: Spicy Corn Cake
Dessert: Lemon Bars (not Mexican, but sounded delish)
Drink of choice: Mango Margaritas

You are jealous, no?

No comments: