Tuesday, February 7, 2012

Singing for Joy

{Pinterest}
 My heart craves joy and peace. And these winter months make me crave it even more with the cold temps and cloudy skies. Thankfully, this winter has been kind. I love sunshine, so during these dark months, I strive to find the light in the darkness. 

One positive I have found is that the winter allows for quiet hearts and self-reflection. God has been searching my heart this new year, and revealing to me His truth, love and even joy that I can find in Him. There is much sadness in our world, and you will easily find it if you should turn on the TV. But, God has created a desire for me to find joy in His word. And joy I have found. He knows me so well and provides me with all that I need. 


Joy. I know I said it already, but I crave it. And not only have I found it in His word - I am reading through the whole Bible. It is one of my New Year's resolutions  - but I am finding joy in the dark months of life. One wouldn't think they would find joy in the story of Adam and Eve, but there is! God has given me new eyes, and I feel like I am reading and hearing the story for the first time. I guess it could be because He is teaching me about Grace and there is so much joy to be found in that. 

Grace. I crave and desperately am in need of Grace.

I've also found joy in two little girls getting adopted by a lovely family. Both little sweeties just celebrated their birthdays and express so much joy in the video their parents made for them. 

There is joy in a baby's smile...



And I find that there is even joy in the changing of a baby's diaper. 
What a lesson about humility for both parties.


Conversations that bring about repentance and forgiveness; bedtime prayers with my husband; letters of encouragement to friends in need; songs of worship; cooking dinner for loved ones; and the sharing of laughter with friends all reveal joy. Grace upon grace.

I am thankful for the grace that has been given to me during these winter months. The darkness has given me time to dwell in the light of savior. And I have tasted such sweet joy, love and grace.

{pinterest}
I hope you find joy, grace, faith, hope, and the greatest of these, love during these winter months.

"My soul will be satisfied as with fat and rich food, and my mouth will praise you with joyful lips, when I remember you upon my bed, and meditate on you in the watches of the night; for you have been my help, and in the shadow of your wings I will sing for JOY." ~ Psalsms 63:5-7

No comments: