Thursday, May 31, 2012

Memorial Day, 2nd Anniversary and Power washing

What a title, huh? My title could actually just be "Power washing" and that would pretty much sum up my life these past few days.

My Memorial Day weekend started off with a wedding in St. Louis at a gorgeous winery/vineyard in Defiance, Mo. The hubs and I had actually looked at Chandler Hill Vineyard for a wedding spot, but ultimately decided on the Hobbs Building in Kansas City...still a good choice confirmed by the both of us. But, the vineyard truly was beautiful as was the bride. Weddings are just so happy. I love being a part of them and attending them. I mean, who doesn't love celebrating love!? 

Photo by me
Photograph by Blake Peterson

Photograph by Blake Peterson
On Memorial Day, the hubs decided he wanted he and I to tackle a project together. Enter power washer. We decided to power wash the house (a very much needed project!), the deck and the fence. Power washing took 2 days, and it was a heckofalotta work! Two sunburns, many bug bites and buckets of perspiration later, the house, deck and fence are now power washed and stripped clean of all mildew, mold, dirt, grime, etc. Next step, stain the deck and the fence. Lord help us.

The hubs blasting the heck out of the fence.

Left side is before power washer and the right side is after the power washer!
In addition to Project Power Wash, the hubs and I celebrated our 2nd wedding anniversary. Its hard to believe two years have already passed since our wedding day. It still is one of the happiest days of my life. We watched our wedding video yesterday, and all the memories and emotions came flooding back to me. So much joy, love and hope was all packed into that day. And two years later, there is still so much joy, love and hope in our marriage, if not more than the day we got married. I love being married and being able to serve my husband, cuddle with him on the couch and in bed, make him laugh on a daily basis and see my best friend every day and every night. Saying "I do" to forever with him is one of the best decisions I've ever made. And I look forward to the many years of joy, laughter and love that lies ahead for us.

Happy 2nd Anniversary to my best friend. Thank you for choosing me.

Photograph by LemonLime

No comments: