Thursday, July 3, 2008

Ai Papi!

What a morning! Today was my last day at my boyfriend's family's house, so of course I did what any good girl would do and I had a party...just kidding. I cleaned the house like a mad woman. I washed toilets, cleaned sheets, emptied gross litterboxes, watered flowers, washed dishes, took out the trash, flung dog poo out of the garage (long story - maybe some other time). I was up till 2 a.m. cleaning, then I finally laid down for a good night's sleep and decided to check my email only to find that not only did I need to take the depressed cat, Romeo, to the vet, but also the cracked out dog, Rufus, and bid dog, Ozzy. Did I mention I'm allergic to cats and dogs?

I woke up at 6 a.m. just to make sure I got everything in its place before work. The vet didn't open till 8 a.m. and I had to be at work at 8:30 a.m. so I was definitely rushed. I was running around putting luggage in my car, grabbing laundry out of the dryer and stuffing it into bags, feeding pets, giving pets their meds, and just doing one last round of cleaning. Then 7:45 rolls around and its time to get the pets ready to go to the vet. Romeo hates riding in his carrier, but it was either place him the carrier or hold him tightly and break out into rash. I chose to torment Romeo...but I figure we are even because I had to clean his poo all week.

Once Romeo got into his carrier, it was now time to get the dogs out of their electric fence collars, put a leash on them and get them into the car. That was an experience I would not like to relive ever again. I have scratches on my neck and chest from Rufus getting excited to ride in the car...a hot accessory to have for the summer, I must say.

After that fun fiasco, I got in the car to take the pets to the vet, and I remembered that I had to roll the windows down for the dogs and drive very slow and cautiously because the dogs get car sick. This took 10 minutes to get to the vet, when it should have took 5. I sat there listening to dogs panting, howling, drooling on me and scratching all over the inside of the car. Romeo sat in his carrier giving me this look of "I hate you soooo much right now...don't talk to me like you know me." - I imagined him saying this in a latina voice.

Once we got to the vet, I got Rufus out of the car, no biggie...he's small and pint size, I can totally take him. Ozzy was next to get out of the car. As soon as I opened the car door, Ozzy jumped out of the car, I grabbed his leash quickly, and he dragged me, DRAGGED ME to the vet's front door. I about BROKE cracked out Rufus because Ozzy is a beast. Of course, the dogs crissed-crossed, causing my limbs to criss-cross and my life flash before my eyes. I screamed a really dumb scream and almost face planted it on the pavement, but luckily caught myself from falling by making some really weird pose with my arms and legs...I like to think I looked like a spider caught in its own web. Unluckily for me, the vet's nurse saw the whole thing. I'm glad someone got a good laugh this morning...

1 comment:

Erica said...

If I were you, I think I'd be "unavailable" the next time Blake's family is out of town. This is craziness! I hope you have a restful weekend.