Thursday, January 15, 2009
Burn Baby Burn!
As previously stated in my last post, its that time of year to start drinking more water (which in turn means going the bathroom more), watching what I eat, forcing myself to the gym and finding inspiration from my favorite reality show, The Biggest Loser.
Both me and the boy toy are determined to shed a few extra pounds this year. I'm actually pretty pumped! I've never been the muscley type, but I really REALLY want to be muscular. I've been taking my vitamins, eating more protein and lifting weights, which I loathe. BUT, I'm beginning to enjoy it. I'm also trying to switch up my cardio because I often get in cardio ruts where I'm just running 3 miles a day and then I get burnt out on it fast. So, I'm running, doing the stationary bike, stepper, walking and yoga...I'm really excited about yoga, I'm just not sure how long it takes to finally see some benefits from it! My friend informed me about Bikram Yoga, which is apparently yoga done in a studio that has the temp set at 100 degrees to facilitate deeper stretching, prevent injury, relieve stress and tension and to detoxify the body. My friend did it last night and she is chugging water this morning!
I'm also trying to just cut out junk from my diet and life in general! I started off the new year by cleaning my apartment and throwing away crap! I feel so much lighter already! Then came the hardest part...saying good bye to sweets. I know you shouldn't deprive yourself of anything, but I feel like I must right now in order to get rid of my bad habits. I love chips and salsa - probably my biggest weakness. I don't really eat sweets, but take me to a mexican restaraunt and I'm in heaven!
The boy toy also informed me that I eat to many carbs and should be eating more protein. I've also been trying to fill my "bad habit" holes with fruits and veggies.
Here are a few of my "good habit" foods and snacks I've been enjoying:
Egg Beaters - Southwestern Style
- Top it off with salsa and its to die for!
Honey Crisp Apples
- Never really enjoyed apples, but these are seriously good!
Toast with Diet Grape Jelly
- I have found whole grain toast that is 90 calories for 2 slices! Add some 5 calorie spray butter and diet jelly and you have some serious brain food.
Lean Cuisine Panini
- These things use to cost $3.99 for just 1 panini, but Hy-Vee is having a special on Lean Cuisine items! 4 LC items for $9.99...Um yes please!
- Mmm calcium AND fiber!
- I love these little suckers! They're like candy!
Soy Corn Dogs from Morning Star
- My mouth is watering just thinking about these bad boys! Ooh they taste so good and their soooo good for you (besides the sodium!)!
- My mom bought some grapefruit over Christmas, and ever since then, I've been loving grapefruit! Its also funny to eat because I often end up with grapefruit juice in my eye, in my hair, on my clothes, on the couch, etc.
100 Calorie Kettlecorn Popcorn
- A nice little sweet and salty snack
Sugar Free Jello
- Wiggle while you jiggle with jello!
This is basically my food for the day. I heard a few good quotes to motivate me and give me a different perspective on food that I will leave ya'll with to let simmer and marinate in your minds:
"Nothing tastes as good as being fit and thin feels."
"Eat to live, don't live to eat."
My mantras for 2009:)