Friday, January 9, 2009

Frantic Friday


Friday mornings are always frantic for me. I pretty much travel every Friday to either see my family or my boyfriend, who is in med school, so when I get to see him I take full advantage of it.

Every week is the same situation. I stay up too late on Thursday nights overpacking for the weekend and frantically shaving my legs. Then, I wake up way too late on Friday morning and I'm running up and down my stairs trying to pack my car and make it to work on time.

I live on the 2nd floor so I'm sure the people below me hate me because whenever they see me they give me this look like "There's that curly haired girl who stomps too loudly up and down the stairs." I'm also pretty sure that they stare out their windows every week watching me look like a loon and getting a good morning laugh.

Seriously, pre-packing the car, I look presentable and I would even go as far to call myself cute. But midst and post packing is another story. My curly hair goes flat, perfume is covered up by the smell of sweat, my jeans are stretched out and my excited demeanor changes to one of pure terror. "Oh my gosh, I'm gonna be so late! Oh my gosh I look like crap!" There is also the guaranteed tripping up or down the stairs fiasco. Luckily, I have yet to face plant it...knock on wood.

One of my many New Year's Resolutions was to be on time, but obviously that one has fallen through the cracks, as well as trying to be more presentable for work. Well, on the bright side, there's always next year.

No comments: