Thursday, December 8, 2011

Fast away the old year passes

{sparkle}
Big breath in...sigh.

December is quickly flying by and I'm trying to soak up every bit of the month, holiday and cheer.

Acting embarrassed, but let's be honest.

As you know, my birthday was last week and I got the BEST present! I met up with some amazing women, ate tacos and drank margaritas, had happy birthday sung to me by the local Mexican restaraunt employees (who then pied me in the face...yes, true story) and then went to a girlfriend's house to watch Christmas movies where I was surprised by my husband! 
 
IS THAT NOT THE BEST DAY EVER!?

{pie in the face}

The hubs drove a car from Ft. Collins, Co., to Denver where he hopped on a plane to fly to Kansas City, Mo., and then got back in his car to drive home to surprise me. What an amazing man I am married to. Seriously, I'm one blessed gal, this I know. 

I love December because I get to kick the month off with my birthday and then relish in the cheer and joy of the season for the rest of the month.

One of my favorite things to do is watch Christmas movies. It drives the hubs mad. He'll be at a meeting tonight so I'm going to watch Home Alone in my pjs in my bed with a cup of hot coco. I'm a Christmas freak, I tell ya.

{It's a Wonderful Life}

My fourth favorite Christmas movie, after Elf, The Santa Clause and Home Alone, is It's a Wonderful Life. The hubs hates it. Says it makes him depressed. My mother-in-love agrees with him. Crazy. It's suppose to do the exact opposite. Make you appreciate life, your loved ones and all that we are blessed with. I told them this, but they made me turn it off. At least my father-in-love likes it. Apparently, he cries like a baby when its on. I can't wait to cry with him this Christmas :)

1 comment:

Sarah McCoy said...

This is my favorite Christmas movie, as well as Jake's. How can you not tear up? It's a wonderful movie and I love the message!