Friday, January 11, 2013

Post-Christmas Decor

Happy Friday, friends!


It is a balmy 62 degrees here, today. I can't remember the last time it was this warm in January. I'm not really a big fan of snow. I only like it during Christmas, but I have to admit that I"m kinda bummed we haven't had more snow. HOWEVER, it looks like we might get some snow this Sunday! Eek! Weekend snow is the best, after Christmas snow, of course. It gives me the perfect excuse to hunker down in the house, drink some hot cocoa and watch a movie, read a book, craft, take a nap, cuddle with the husband, etc.

Last weekend, I packed away all the Christmas decor for next year. One of my New Year's resolutions is to spend less and save more. So, I've gone "shopping" around my house to figure out how to decorate post-Christmas. Is it just me, or is it hard to decorate after the holidays. Part of me misses the twinkle of the lights, but then another part of me enjoys the simplicity of less clutter. I've been trying to find a balance between a bit of twinkle, simplicity, winter and spring, and color. Below are photos of what I have done so far (I apologize for the poor photo quality. They were taken via Instagram). I'm thinking I need to add a bit more white, and I want to do that with my pillows. HOWEVER, I cannot spend money on new pillows, so I'm gonna have to get creative. 






This weekend, I plan on giving the house a good scrub. There is definitely a lot of glitter from Christmas floating around the house that needs to be vacuumed and scrubbed out of the floors. Lissa from the blog Keep It Simple, Keep It Fresh, has some great cleaning tips that I will be utilizing for this weekend project.

What are your plans for the weekend? Hope its a great one!

No comments: