Tuesday, June 14, 2011

In a summer haze

{pinterest}
I was really good at being a kid in the summer time. Not like the young whipper snappers nowadays who just text all day and sit inside looking at their computers. No, no, no, NO! I was an outdoors-all-day, parents-forcing-me-to-come-home-and-eat-supper, kool-aid-stached, sun-kissed cheeks, running-instead-of-walking kind of kid. Oh no she didn't! Um, yes. I just did. And I will say it again, but I don't feel like typing all that again.

{pinterest}
But for realz, I had great summers as a kid. I threw a lot of water balloons, played a lot of tag (and kick the can, for you country folk), ate a lot of popsicles, swam all day...peed in a lot of pools (yep, I did and never ONCE did I get a UTI, mother). My imagination was crazy too. I remember making bow and arrows out of sticks when the Disney classic "Pocahontas" came to theaters and acting like Ariel from "The Little Mermaid" in my pool.

{Country Living}

This weekend, I went home for 3 days to see my family and relive my childhood summers. I chased my niece and nephew A LOT, caught fireflies in a jar, saw fireworks, biked a lot, cooked dinner for my family and sat out on the swing drinking coffee. So maybe I didn't act completely like a kid, but it was nice to take 2 days off from work and go back home where you came from. I still love the smell of the cornfields and the way the sun peeks over the fields at dusk. {SIGH}

{pinterest}
Oh to be a kid again...Only in the summer though...and maybe Christmas...Buuuuut then I'd like to skip back to the present and miss my teen years. Those sucked. Mainly because I had braces, glasses, frizzy hair and wooly worms for eyebrows. Goo.

No comments: