Thursday, December 2, 2010

It's my Berfday!


Today is my birthday. I am 27 years young. My mother tells me it was snowing when I was born at 12:05 in the morning. Glad its not snowing 27 years later. I only love snow when I'm skiing on it.

My cup is definitely overflowing today. I am feeling way too blessed and a bit moved to tears by the love that has been shown to me by friends and family.

My Wicked cake :)

Last night, my loving hubs made me a two-layer cake made of carrot cake and spice cake with cream cheese frosting. He even made fondant. It took him 4 hours to make...4 hours he could have spent studying, but instead, decided to bake me a cake. It was a green cake. I asked him why it was green (and was going to have a black bow, but molding fondant is difficult), and he told me I had to guess why and that it had to do with my present. Green and Black...Hmm....Money? No. Make-up? No. Shoes? No. We went on like this for about 5 minutes. He said its something I've been wanting to do and see. A movie? No, but close. There is a musical playing in town, "Spamalot," so I guessed a musical. He stared back at me with a grin stretching across his face. Then, a glimmer of hope popped into my head and I spoke the word outloud..."Wicked"? He smiled even bigger. He is taking me to Chicago for the weekend to see "Wicked"!


Once it sunk in that he wasn't joking, I think I immediately apologized for being rude or mean lately, and thought, "I don't deserve this." I had a dream last night that I told him that, and then this morning, I told him about the dream and about how I really don't deserve this. And he responded, "Yes you do. You are a wonderful wife and my best friend. You do wonderful things for me everyday and I am happy to be able to give back to you by a weekend trip to Chicago to see your favorite musical."..."Man, I really don't deserve this," I thought. He even wants to buy me a dress for the show. Is your heart melting yet? I'm almost in tears just replaying it all in my head. Feeling very "Pretty Woman" except for the whole prostitution thing.

But, it's done. My mom and the Hubs have been planning this since October, and my mom is helping out with the costs because she is wonderful like that. We are taking the train to Chicago on Saturday morning, spending time before the show shopping and exploring Chicago, and then heading to the greatest musical on Earth. But, what I'm most excited for is that I get to spend a whole weekend with my man. And that's the best gift I could ask for.

No comments: