Wednesday, July 20, 2011

Because you gotta have friends!

{pinterest}

"Lots of people want to ride with you in the limo, but what you want is someone who will take the bus with you when the limo breaks down." ~ Oprah Winfrey

Imagine me screaming the post title at the top of my lungs and you will get a pretty good picture of me in your head right now. Good girlfriends are a real treasure. Be it a sister, a parent, a cousin, a co-worker, bible study girls, what have you. Friendship is one of God's sweetest blessings. To be real and vulnerable with another human being is comforting. It's easy to look at other people's lives {on Facebook} and think "Man, they got their act together," but friendship allows you to see that everyone has their own hot mess they are struggling with in life. To love and to let others love you despite all your imperfections and flaws is powerful. I am truly thankful for all my girlfriends out there, old and new. Thank you for blessing my life in more ways than you'll ever know.

2 comments:

L said...

A-men! So true! Cousin you are a gift and I'm so thankful you are in my life the way you are! Thank YOU For loving and supporting me through all my hot mess/flaws etc. You are such an amazing woman and I'm so thankful to call you not just my cousin but my friend! LOVE YOU and MISS you!

Kathy said...

Julie, I am blessed that you love me soo much too! I may be your mom, but we are great pals too! You are an inspiration to me and your friends, God Bless you Girl!