Monday, July 18, 2011

Something is in the air...

{pinterest}

I can't remember the last time I enjoyed life this much. There have been more smiles, more laughter, more hugs, {more kisses...ehm}, more joy, and more love. There is just something special about this summer. I think its called "contentment." I am at peace. I have enjoyed cooking meals for others, lounging out at the pool with girlfriends, spooning with the hubs every night, taking walks when its not melting outside, and most recently, leading pre-school worship at my church.

Life is balanced. I am filling up my cup emotionally, socially, physically and spiritually with a healthy heaping of good eating to top it all off. Most recently, I cooked the most delicious dinner for the Hubs on "Steak Sunday" - its the one night a week that we eat red meat; other days of the week we eat fish, chicken, turkey pork, etc. But last night, I had the Hubs cut some fresh basil and mint from our garden, and I made this and this. Good lord, it was delish. I think I found a new hobby! I LOVE cooking for others. Who would have thought! It not only allows me to be creative in the kitchen, but create a good meal for my loved ones be it the Hubs, friends or family.




{I need this apron from Anthropologie}

Life is really good. I think the last time I felt this happy and peaceful was in middle school to be honest. There was no drama in middle school...at least for me. My biggest dilemma was how to get the rat's nest untangled at the nape of my neck! Ugh, drama. I believe it is all made up in our heads. And, I am all about less drama these days. This summer has taught me a lot about myself. I'm not perfect, I make mistakes and I fall down, but I have the choice to learn from all these experiences and grow from them. This summer, I have learned to open my heart wider, love deeper, and extend and accept more forgiveness and mercy. 


{pinterest}

I use to think I could survive this life alone, on my own. But then, love came into my life. Not just the love of a husband, mother or father, but the love of friends. I realized I don't want to just survive life. And, I don't want to be alone. Where is the fun in that? God created us for relationships and community. For our friends, family and loved ones to be a "helper suitable" for us.

To sum up this summer :) Love is a home-cooked meal, a smile, a joyful song, a listening ear; It covers all things. Community and Friendship is vital and necessary in our lives. God loves me, forgives me, is always with me and gives me purpose.

And, I am at peace.

No comments: