I love basil. Basil, basil, basil. Yum, yum in my tummy. We have so much of it, we are making tons and tons of recipes with it, such as...
- Quick-Roasted Cherry Tomato Sauce with Spaghetti
- Tomato Mozzarella and Arugula Towers
- Bruschetta with Tomato and Basil
- Grilled Chicken Bruschetta
- Pesto Sauce
- Margherita Pizza ala Me
12 inch wheat dough - I buy mine from a local pizza shop or you could make your own
|3 medium tomato(es)|
|1 cup basil, shredded into ribbons|
|1 cup mozzarella cheese (buy a ball of mozzarella cheese and cut into 1/2 inch slices)|
- Place a pizza stone or inverted baking sheet on the lowest oven rack; preheat oven to 400F
- Roll the pizza and place on a 13-inch circle. Make it thin! Oh yum!
- Bake the pizza a bit before topping it until the bottom is crisp for about 5 to 8 minutes.
- Top with sliced tomatoes, cheese and shredded basil.
- Drizzle 2 tsps of olive oil on top and bake for another 5 to 8 minutes till crust is golden, but don't let mozzarella brown!
- Serve immediately.
1. Combine 3/4 cups whole-wheat flour, 3/4 cups all-purpose flour, 2-1/4 tsp yeast, 3/4 tsp salt and 1/4 tsp sugar in a food processor; pulse to mix. Combine 1/2 cup hot water and 2 tsps of oil in a measuring cup. With the motor running, gradually pour in enough of the hot liquid until the mixture forms a sticky ball. The dough should be quite soft. If it seems dry, add 1 to 2 tablespoons warm water; if too sticky, add 1 to 2 tablespoons flour. Process until the dough forms a ball, then process for 1 minute to knead.
2. Transfer the dough to a lightly floured surface. Coat a sheet of plastic wrap with cooking spray and place it, sprayed-side down, over the dough. Let the dough rest for 10 to 20 minutes before rolling.