Monday, August 1, 2011

What a wonderful world

{pinterest}
"Love is to the heart what the summer is to the farmer's year - it brings to harvest all the loveliest flowers of the soul." ~ author unknown

What a wonderful weekend! Despite the Hubs being out of town for the weekend, I managed to make the most out of my time alone. When I wasn't studying for the GRE, I was enjoying a glass of wine (or two) with a dear friend who I don't get to see as often as I'd like due to her busy residency schedule, I cooked myself up some blueberry pancakes thanks to my momma giving me TONS and TONS of blueberries hand-picked by herself and my nephew, cleaned the kitchen, vacuumed floors, organized and cleaned the laundry room, cleaned the bathrooms and finally hung some photos I've been dying to hang, and this was all done before Sunday!

Once Sunday rolled around, I started the day off leading worship for the pre-schoolers, sprawled out by the pool with some good girlfriends and cooked an AMAZING dinner for me and the Hubs!

 Here was our dinner menu for the weekend:

Saturday Night:
Bud light lime (of course)
Blueberry Sour Cream Coffee Cake

Sunday Night:

The corn on the cob was seriously the best corn I've ever eaten thanks to the amazing jalapeno butter! WOWZA!

Wall art hung in kitchen. Art by Katie Daisy


Photo collage hung in kitchen. "LOVE" art by Katie Daisy.


Blueberry Sour Cream Coffee Cake...drool.



No comments: