Monday, January 9, 2012

I am sorry for being so awkward today


Today, I have learned that sleep deprivation results in awkwardness.
It began when I decided to roll out of bed at 7:20 a.m. (leaving me with 20 minutes to get dressed, clean and ready for the day), and thought not washing my hair after having slept on it wet was a good idea. I threw my hair into a braid and tossed on a headband, and thought, "I'm going for bohemian." Not a good idea. I also thought not wearing makeup today was ok. Seriously? Am I just trying to look ugly today? Apparently.

Then, it was off to work where I awkwardly talked to someone in the bathroom 
(Note: I hate talking to people in the bathroom, especially when you are doing your thing in there. Just get in and get out, and then we can talk if you still want to talk.).

Next, I found myself in the lunch room heating up my meal, when someone I didn't know introduced himself to me, and I said, "I thought you look familiar." What? I don't know you. Then, I proceeded to stutter and say, "What I meant to say was I thought I didn't recognize you." Nice recovery. Hmm.

Then, I did a few awkward bump into you "dances" with the same person. Third time, I just stopped and put my head down. Go around me and just avoid me for the rest of the day.

I'm sure there will be more "situations" since I have a 2 hour meeting to end the day.

And on that note, I need a haircut. 

Like I said, I'm awkward, random and pretty much anything that makes you feel uncomfortable today. 

That's me. 

I need sleep.

No comments: