Friday, January 6, 2012

We've got germs, folks

We are sick around here folks. Sick I tell ya! Well, I'm not sick yet, but the Hubs is sick, poor guy. He is never sick and he is all about sucking it up and going to work despite sickness. But on Wednesday night, the flu got the best of him, and he actually asked me to stay home and take care of him - new stage in our relationship. I have never taken care of a sick person before (besides myself), and I was bound and determine to nurse and bring him back to good health. I made homemade chicken noodle soup (a very fatty, but delicious kind), bought 2 things of Pedialyte, Gatorade and Tylenol, changed the sheets and cleaned up after him. Unfortunately, his stomach was only in the mood for Pedialyte, water and Gatorade. Fortunately, he is on the mend, and now let's just pray that I don't get sick because it didn't look like fun. 


On a different note, here is my menu for the week. I'm going to let the Hubs finish off the chicken noodles. Can you freeze chicken noodles? I made a lot. 

Friday: Leftovers




Tuesday: Leftovers

Wednesday: Maple-Thyme Pork Chops  and brussels sprouts

Thursday: Leftovers

1 comment:

Jen said...

can you post your recipe to the chicken noodle soup please? It looks amazing :)