Well, I'm sick. Not by far what the Hubs had, but I am sick enough to be annoyed by it. I've got a sore throat, headache, and restless legs = sleeplessness. However, I did go to bed at 7 p.m. last night and woke up at 7 a.m. the next day. It was good, but not full sleep. I kept waking up periodically through the night, but was still dreaming while awake. I think the Hubs was annoyed by it because it resulted in me getting up a lot and kicking my legs around. Hopefully, tonight will be a better night's rest, but at least I got some rest out of last night's sleep marathon.
I had a request (YAY!) for my chicken noodle soup recipe, but to be honest, I stole it from the Reames bag and barely tweaked it.
Reames Classic Chicken Noodle Soup
With minor tweaks by me to make it extra fatty for my poor dehydrated Hubs.
- 1 pkg. (24 oz.) Reames Homestyle Egg Noodles
- Rotisserie chicken - removed skin, bones and shredded with a fork.
- 2 cups carrots, chopped
- 1 cup celery, chopped
- 2 cups onion, chopped
- 3 T. olive oil
- 2 tsp. dried parsley flakes
- 2 tsp. dried thyme
- 1/2 tsp. pepper
- 8 cups water
- 8 tsp. chicken bouillon granules
- 2 bay leaves
- 1 can of cream of chicken soup
- 1/2 cup flour
- In a large pot, add olive oil, carrots, celery and onion and cook till tender - about 3 minutes.
- Meanwhile, boil 8 cups water and then add 8 tsp. of chicken bouillon granules and mix together. (I didn't have any chicken stock on hand, so I made it with what I had :))
- Add parsley, thyme and pepper, stir and cook for one more minute.
- Add the chicken broth, shredded rotisserie chicken and bay leaves to the pot and bring to a boil over medium-high heat.
- Add noodles, cream of chicken soup and 1 cream of chicken soup can filled with milk, and return to a boil.
- Reduce heat and cover; simmer 20 to 30 minutes or until done.
- Meanwhile, mix together 1 cup of milk and flour and stir together till smooth. Add to noodle mixture.
- Continue cooking over medium heat until thickened and heated through.
And tada! YUMMY Chicken Noodle Soup :) We were done eating it this weekend, so I froze it, per my mother's instructions, in freezer bags. May have to bust some out tonight!