Thursday, October 7, 2010

For the love of Pumpkin!

“Vegetables are a must on a diet. I suggest carrot cake, zucchini bread, and pumpkin pie.” ~ Jim Davis

Man, oh man, I love pumpkins. Like in an unhealthy sort of way. The Hubs will concur. Our front porch, which I must take a pic of and post, is decked out in at least 15 pumpkins, my fern has orange Christmas lights strung around it, and fake cobwebs and glittery spiders adorn our door. Once you enter into the house, I've got hurricanes filled with candy corn and a candle in the center, pumpkin scented candles, and then...there's my creepy pumpkin statues...

I LOVE CREEPY PUMPKIN STATUES! It's true. If I had money, I'd buy this one from etsy.

And this one...


In my last post, I mentioned that I'm cooking a lot of pumpkiny nom nom stuff. Tonight, I'm making pumpkin bread and pumpkin muffins. Then on the weekend, I'm making a pumpkin latte, pumpkin butter, pumpkin crepes and miniature pumpkin pies! I know this seems like a WHOLE LOTTA pumpkin, but I blame it on my mother. She bought me like 8 cans of pumpkin and I have to do something with them, right!?

p.s. I also like Jack Handy quotes and there's nothing greater than pumpkins AND Jack Handy quotes - “If you're in a war, instead of throwing a hand grenade at the enemy, throw one of those small pumpkins. Maybe it'll make everyone think how stupid war is, and while they are thinking, you can throw a real grenade at them.”

No comments: