Thursday, October 28, 2010

My Heaven

My heaven is made of pumpkins, gourds, squash, hay bales, alpacas, autumn leaves, campfires, hay rides, weenie roasts and pumpkin fudge. God would be there of course, but I'll take all the above instead of streets of gold and mansions.


I got a glimpse of my heaven when I went to the pumpkin patch with the fam two weeks ago. We went to the Great Pumpkin Patch in Arthur, IL, and it was fa-boo-lous! My dear mother got a suburban van so we could all ride together because we can't spend a second a part (and hey, it was her bday so she gets to do what she wants). Hubs came along and he was a good, no GREAT sport. I think he liked it a lot actually.



When we got there, I was overwhelmed with all the pumpkins, gourds, mums, daisies, and smells of pumpkin deliciousness. Bluegrass music was playing over speakers and I thought I was going to die right there. Then, I walked over to a sea of orange pumpkins. "Is this real life?" I thought to myself. This pumpkin patch was no ordinary pumpkin patch. It was a Martha Stewart dreamland. Even my nephew was overwhelmed with delight. We couldn't focus, there was just so much autumnal joy to be had, and we wanted to dive in and soak it all up.

The Hubs and my niece were more go with the flow types, and were not as amused by all that was Autumn like me and Buddy. But I was in heaven, and I can honestly say Best. October. EVER!



The Hubs is not so excited about being the Pumpkin King :)

"Look Hubs! A Hubba Bubba pumpkin!"

Not only did the pumpkin patch make my month, but Mizzou beat Oklahoma for the first time in 30 years! And me, the Hubs and his family were there to experience it.


Just 3 more days of October! Can't wait to see what Halloween brings!

No comments: