Tuesday, October 19, 2010

Oatmeal Kisses and Chats with God

Early, early morning for me and the Hubs today! Hubs is on morning rotation this week and is waking up at 4:50 a.m., which of course means I wake up at 4:50 a.m. I fall back asleep for about 40 minutes and then I am greeted by the smell of maple syrup. No, the Hubs didn't make me breakfast in bed. I got a maple brown sugar oatmeal kiss good morning. My favorite!

After the Hubs was out the door, I decided to get my post-bride flabby booty up and at 'em for an early run...5:40 a.m. to be exact.

I put on my comfy sweat pants, mint green under armor turtleneck and shoes, and head out the door. Goooooood grief its cold! My feet kick up in hopes to warm myself up. No such luck. Guess I'll turn my thoughts elsewhere. Why Hello God!

God and I always have some good morning convos. It's like chatting it up with your best friend over a cup of coffee and a pumpkin cream cheese muffin...mmm pumpkin cream cheese muffin. Today's thoughts though were a bit heavy. I've been having a little bit of anxiety lately over the government, politics, terrorism, etc. Debates between my father and the Hubs, political commercials and morning shows like Good Morning America, CNN and the Colbert Report have been a little terrifying lately using words such as corrupt, down fall, deficit, terrorism, etc. really are not the kinds of scary stories I want to be hearing near Halloween, but that seems to be all I hear lately.

As I was running and took a big healthy gulp of prayer, I asked God to calm my fears and help me to trust in Him. My anxiety and worry will not bring world peace so lets just give it all to the Big Guy who's in control up there. As I ran harder in prayer, my thoughts turned to praises about my niece and nephew. Thanks for the distraction, God, and what better distractions than two adorable and delicious Chimichangas. Gosh, they melt my heart.

Once I got home and turned on the tube, inevitably, more negative talk was on TV. "Just keep praying," I thought. Then later on, as I read my Bible study book over lunch break, I read the words, "Let God be God, and remember that we are only man and we're not in charge of the universe. When we learn this, the stress of life will not undo us, overwhelm or overpower us. We'll live in the practical knowledge that God is in control, and in His grace and strength we can control our responses to every disappointment and stress." Then, this verse popped in my head: "The Lord delights in those who fear him, who put their hope in His unfailing love." ~ Psalm 147:11. So I thought that was a pretty clear sign that I need to stop my worrying and just keep praying. And that is exactly what I'm gonna do.

p.s. Did you know they make Pumpkin Spice Hershey Kisses? AND Candy Corn Hershey Kisses! I need to find these asap!

No comments: