Friday, December 19, 2008

Merry & Bright


As I sit hear dreaming about Christmas and all that it brings, the song "White Christmas" came on Pandora.com, and my little heart jumps with excitement. I'm not sure what it is about Bing Crosby's milky voice, but it ignites nostalgia and I find myself wishing I was lying underneath the Christmas Tree. There's just something so innocent and magical about the way Christmas was portrayed in the 1950s. I love all the tinsel, sequins, gaudy red and green decorations, extravagant costumes and sweet musical lyrics. Even though I was born in the 80s, it reminds me of my childhood and how I prayed to God every Christmas Eve for snow. I even went as far as to bargain with him! I'd say "Now God, I'll stop watching MTV and be nicer to my parents if you just give me snow on Christmas Day." My dad would always tell me that God didn't make bargains, but I can only remember 1 Christmas that didn't have snow and it was probably because I watched too much Real World that year.


No comments: