Wednesday, December 10, 2008

My Heart Leaps for Joy


I had an interesting thought this morning all because I stumbled upon a great Bible verse I found in Psalms 28:7 which reads...
"The Lord is my strength and my shield; my heart trusts in him and I am helped. My heart leaps for joy and I will give thanks to him in song."

I really liked the idea of my heart leaping for joy. When I looked up verses about joy, they all had to do with not being afraid for the Lord is my strength, which really speaks to me because I've really been struggling with fear lately. Whether its driving in snow, sleeping in my apartment or life in general, fear has really been taking hold of me lately. As far back as I can remember, I recall being afraid about anything and everything. I think fear has held me back some in life and kept me from achieving some dreams. I pray that this revelation, if you will, from God will result in some chains being broken because I am free in the Lord, but I have not truly been living as such. I think God has something great in store for me and I'm excited to see what unfolds.

"So do not fear, for I am with you; do not be dismayed, for I am your God. I will strengthen you and help you; I will uphold you with my righteous right hand. For I am the Lord, your God, who takes hold of your right hand and says to you, "Do not fear, I will help you."
Isaiah 41:10,13

No comments: