Thursday, December 18, 2008

Oh By Golly



Christmas is 1 week away! And guess who hasn't done any Christmas shopping! Yep, you guessed it...me. What have I been doing with my life since Thanksgiving?? Christmas just kinda snuck up on me this year...one day it was my birthday and then like a day later, Christmas is right around the corner. Life is moving too fast. I remember when Christmas seemed like it couldn't get here fast enough. The days felt like months and to a kid, that's an eternity. Not too mention, a kid can only be sooo good for sooo long.

Christmas can't be in a week! I haven't watched enough Christmas movies, or made any cookies or listened to enough Christmas music! I have had enough snow, though. I think Missouri drivers hate me because I drive about 25 mph in the snow...sometimes even slower than that. Black ice is my nemesis. We don't get along. I almost cracked my elbow because of it this morning, but thanks to yoga, I kept my balance and gained my equilibrium. I swear, every time I'm driving and I have a death grip on my steering wheel, I hear on the radio "Oh the weather outside is frightful" and I think "Damn straight!" Once again, God likes to play these little pranks on me in my life to give himself a good laugh. At least he's got my back...It reminds me of the Bible Verse 'The Lord your God is with you, He is mighty to save. He will take great delight in you, He will quiet you with his love..." ~ Zephaniah 3:17 Whatever makes him happy :)

No comments: