Monday, February 14, 2011

Happy Love Fest Day

image via pinterest
Seven years ago today I went on a date with my husband (then just this cute guy I had a crush on). Little did we both know that the first date would last for 7 + years.

I recall the "second" time I saw my husband. Our first greeting was at a frat party. He was a studly high school senior and I was a shy freshman in college. He got all up in my business with his "sweet" dance moves. I was not impressed and a bit overwhelmed by his enthusiasm. The classic definition of a meet cute, if I do say so myself!

Our second meeting, however, was only experienced by me. He was strutting his stuff happily down the streets of greek town. As he passed me, he had the biggest smile on his face. "I wish I knew him," I thought to myself. He reminded me of the Colbie Caillat song "Oxygen" - "I met a boy who had a dream making everyone smile." A week later, we "bumped" into each other at a campus event. He asked me out on a date 2 weeks later. Little did he know, he asked me out on the days of all days to ask a girl out - Valentine's Day. "What balls this fella has," I thought. While he does have quite some gumption, he also has a poor memory. This somewhat ballsy man actually didn't know it was Valentine's Day at all. Later realizing the situation, he quickly grabbed a rose from a local market to greet me with at the door. He also washed his truck and put his name in at the restaurant 2 hours beforehand. He has washed his truck and put his name in early at the same restaurant every year since :)

Happy Valentine's Day and 7 years, Hubs. You are a trip and know how to always keep me guessing. Looking forward to many more years of love and laughter.


No comments: