Monday, November 22, 2010

The Perfect Weekend

Of all the days that's in the week
I dearly love but one day
And that's the day that comes betwixt
A Saturday and Monday.
~Henry Carey

There is nothing I love more than a lazy weekend, much to the dismay of the Hubsman. How did I spend my weekend? Hmm...laying in bed, watching movies, occasionally getting out of bed to eat or go the bathroom. 


I did go running twice, but I mostly spent the days mentally preparing myself for the holidays by drinking hot chocolate and watching the Holiday and other Christmas movies.


Saturday night I went over to a friend's house for a Girls' Night. We each made a dessert with pumpkin, drank wine and watched Sex and the City 2. Nothing like cream cheese, pumpkin, wine and Carry Bradshaw to heal the mind after a long work week.


The Hubs begged me to be productive, God bless is Type-A, OCD heart. But this little girl had no responsibilities and no obligations. Just the need to lay in bed and think about how blessed she is to have a free weekend with nothing to do but relax.

No comments: