Wednesday, November 9, 2011

Abbi-dabbi-doo


I never had a sister, but always wanted one. And I finally got one the day I got married. 

Today, I am thankful for:

Miss Abbs.

I am very thankful and proud to call Abbi my sister-in-love. Not only because she is my sister-in-love, but because she is a wonderful example of strength, perseverance and love to me.

Abbi is my Hub's little sister, and she is the epitome of "kid sister" in the most positive, loving way. She adores, supports and loves her brother. She looks up to and respects him, and is his biggest fan, supporter and will beat you down if you do anything to hurt or upset him. Not that I know from personal experience, but you just get the hint by her actions and words towards him. Ain't nobody gonna mess around with him when she's around. And now that I'm in the family, she'll take you down if you mess with me too. And vice versa. I mean, fo realz. Just look at this picture of us. You're scared aren't you?

This girl got some serious strength and heart. When she is passionate about something, she goes for it with all her might. She loves and pursues life with abandonment. And while she acts all tough and whatnot, she has one of the biggest hearts I know. She isn't afraid of or judgmental of anyone. She embraces others with love and her sweet laughter. I've seen it first hand, and I am humbled by her spirit. 

She is hand-picked by God to be my sister-in-love. She has shown me much love, grace, strength and forgiveness, and I know that she only has more to show and give.

I love you, Miss Abbs. And while I know you are feeling awkward reading this (because she claims to "hate mushy stuff), I want you to know, it's all true. You are strong. You are kind. And you are important :)
And I love you.

No comments: