Friday, November 11, 2011

Cousin Love


I love all my cousins dearly, but this little lady is not only one of my best friends, but she is also delivering her third child today. So, today I'm thankful for:

Cousin.

Cousin {as we affectionately call one another} was my first best friend I ever had, and we have been best friends ever since. From building forts (and locking her in them along with my other cousins) to picnics to inappropriate mullet haircuts to weddings, we have been there for one another. 

While I say this about pretty much all the women in my life, Cousin truly is one of the strongest women I know. She is a wonderful Cousin, wife, mother and Christian. She is extremely patient, forgiving, loving, wise, trustworthy and compassionate towards her family and others. She is a wonderful example to me of a wife and mother. I can only hope to be as patient and loving of a mother as she is one day. AND, she is funny to boot. Love this girl and her growing family that will become a family of 5 today!

The "Cousin" pose.

2 comments:

Beth said...

My cousin, who is exactly 5 months older than I am to the day, has always been one of my best friends, too. We always get all sort of weird comments when we say we're going to visit our cousin - apparently most people don't have cousins as besties. :) Glad you I do, and glad you do too!

L said...

Cousin! U totally topped of my day ( or morning actually ;)) to make it wonderful! Thank u so much for your letter! It means so much to me and I cant tell u how much YOU mean to me!!!!!! I love u cousin! Thank u from the bottom of my heart!