Wednesday, September 8, 2010

Good for the Soul

"Jogging is very beneficial. It's good for your legs and your feet. It's also very good for the ground. It makes it feel needed." ~ Charles Schulz, Peanuts

In the wee dark hours of the morning, I decided to get up and go for a run. As I climbed out of bed and stretched my legs, I felt the blood begin to pump through my veins. My eyes surprisingly were wide awake with enthusiasm. As I laced up my shoes and took a deep breath, I took to the pavement. With the cool, fall breeze blowing against my skin, I could feel my muscles pumping to get warm and color rushing to my cheeks. I felt my legs getting stronger with each stride as I ran through the dark with the moon still shining above me. My eyes began to gain focus and muscles felt wide awake. My lungs sighed to take in the fresh, morning air. I felt so alive. {Sigh}

Running in the early mornings is good for the soul, in deed. Not only does it get my blood pumping, but it just makes me a happier person. I smile more at my grumpy neighbors, I start off the morning with a good convo with God and I let bustling drivers on their way to work pass in front of me with a wave instead of a grumble under my breath. Yes, running is good for my soul.

What brings joy to your heart in the early mornings?

No comments: