Thursday, October 16, 2008

38 Degrees of Coldness


"Come said the wind to the leaves one day,
Come o're the meadows and we will play.
Put on your dresses scarlet and gold,
For summer is gone and the days grow cold."

I woke up this morning to a freezing cold apartment - 55 degrees to be exact. I am against turning on my heat, especially when it suppose to get up to 70 degrees this weekend! Tip toeing across the floor and rubbing my goosebumped arms, I made it to the bathroom to catch a quick shower. I didn't want to get out...that's how cold I was! I quickly grabbed a towel, shivered for about 2 minutes and went on with my morning.

As I stepped outside, it was even colder, like 38 degrees cold! The sun was shining, the air was crisp and the smell of burning leaves filled the air. Fall has officially arrived. I am ok with mornings like this, in fact, I embrace it. But once snow starts falling, then I start to get a little pissed off. I'm cool with snow for Christmas, but then it needs to stop. Once 12 a.m. hits on December 26th, winter should be over and welcome home spring! Too bad life doesn't work that way...I bet, if God were to do it all over again, re-create the world, I bet he would make winter shorter. Unless of course, he likes the cold and snow, and then I could see him making it even longer than it already feels. All I'm sayin' is, I hope heaven has 70 degree weather and my mansion comes with its own heating and cooling unit.

No comments: