Wednesday, October 15, 2008

Groovy Pumpkins


"Witch and ghost make merry on this last of dear October’s days."

I came to a very exciting realization the other day. I am the "Buddy the Elf" of Fall. I was typing up a list of weekend plans to send to my boyfriend yesterday. The list read something a little, exactly like this:
  • Walk around campus and take pictures of the fall foliage...yes, foliage
  • Pumpkin patch, hay ride and corn maze
  • Carve Pumpkins
  • Drink Apple Cider
  • Make Apple Pie
  • Roast veggie dogs and smores
  • Rune 5 miles - that will be by myself, I'm sure!
  • Watch football and make a homemade pizza
  • Haunted houses
  • Winery, perhaps?
I could literally hear Buddy's voice in my head saying "First we'll make snow angels for a two hours, then we'll go ice skating, then we'll eat a whole roll of Tollhouse Cookiedough as fast as we can, and then we'll snuggle." I am actually ok with this and I'm flattered by my realization. In fact, I'm even worse at Christmas time. "Elf" is my favorite movie and I probably watch it every day in December. But in October, I've been watching "Practical Magic" and "It's the Great Pumpkin, Charlie Brown!" I have come very close to purchasing "Hocus Pocus," but I just can't rationalize spending $10 on that movie, although it is a classic.

I found out yesterday, that they are bringing back the movie "A Nightmare Before Christmas" to theatres, but in 3D! I think I peed in my pants a little from the news. I then found that Marilyn Manson, who normally creeps me out to no extent, has re-made the song "This is Halloween" and it too is successful at creeping me out. Watch below and be creeped out with me!


Yikes. Moving on, I found some really "groovy" pumpkins that I felt the need to share. I think I might try these out on my pumpkins this weekend!



No comments: