Wednesday, October 22, 2008

Corn Maze & Pumpkins!


"I cannot endure to waste anything as precious as autumn sunshine by staying in the house. So I spend almost all the daylight hours in the open air." ~ Nathaniel Hawthorne


I finally, finally went to a corn maze and a "pumpkin patch" this past weekend...eek! I made Blake go with me and he had fun! I think he was even suprised by how much fun he had! The corn maze was made into the shape of the White House! It was intense and had 10 checkpoints that asked trivia questions about the election, and if you found all the checkpoints and answered the questions somewhat correctly, then you were placed in a drawing to win a bike. Blake and I only had an hour, but we found 5 of the 10 checkpoints...pretty impressive, if I may say so.

Not only was the corn maze awesome, but it was also a beautiful fall day! The corn maze, Shryock's Farm, didn't have a pumpkin patch this year, due to worms (goo!), but they did have a wagon full of pumpkins. So, Blake and I both bought a pumpkin!

We went home that evening for an MU vs. Texas watch party, only to be disappointed by such a disgraceful game of football on MU's part...I'm still so frustrated that I don't even want to blog about it, let alone think about it! Thank God we had sangria to drown our sorrows:) Nothin' cures the MU Blues like a bowl of chili, pumpkin cupcakes and a glass of sangria...yummo!


Shryock's Farm & Corn Maze



Blake & I in the Corn Maze!


This is a map of the Shyrock's Farm Corn Maze we walked through! It was intense!

No comments: