Monday, October 6, 2008

Boil, Boil, Toil and Trouble



"Delicious autumn! My very soul is wedded to it, and if I were a bird I would fly about the earth seeking the successive autumns." ~George Eliot

No, I did not go to a pumpkin patch, hay ride or corn maze this weekend. BUT, I did eat apple crisp and it was delicious. There was too much relaxing to do this past weekend. Blake and I will enjoy all that is fall on 10/18, though...he promised me, and he always keeps his promises!

I did however, get to see the MU campus and it was GORGEOUS!!! Fall is just beginning to make its presence known in Columbia. The leaves were beginning to change, the wind was a little crisp, MU football spirit was in abundance and fall smells filled the air! Aah, I should have been born in the fall...instead, I'm a winter baby, which is weird because I hate being cold!

I have decided that in spirit of all that is autumn, I am going to learn how to sew and eventually crotchet. I just missed the class for Sewing 101 at Joann Fabrics, but I am going there "anoche" to sign up for November classes! I am in desperate need for a fall craft! I have 3 canvases to paint and no clue what to paint! I will be baking spice cake tonight, which I'm very excited about and you can bet that I will have pumpkin candles burning and "Hocus Pocus" playing on my TV. For some reason, autumn bring out the artist in me...maybe it's the beautiful color palette that God provides that makes me want to paint, take pictures, bake, sew, etc. Whatever it is, I love it and I hope fall lasts longer than November!

No comments: