Wednesday, August 11, 2010

"Angels are all around us, all the time, in the very air we breathe." ~ Eileen Elias Freeman

Last night as I was running, I began to think about God. I think about him a lot when I run. While I was training for my marathon, I remember praying to him and asking him to help me persevere and strengthen me to keep going. I then began to notice butterflies when I'd feel weak and like giving up. No not "imaginary" butterflies like I was having a heat stroke, but real butterflies. Every time. There would always be a butterfly flitting by me, and I thought "Yes, God, I will keep going."

While I was running last night, after I rolled my ankle and kept going cause I'm that tough (or dumb), God entered my thoughts. It was at least 90 degrees out and I was running up a hill. I felt God with me. I like to think He's running next to me, giving me air to breathe and an extra little push to keep going. I then pictured a line of Angels following behind Him with sweatbands and wristbands. I guess Angels need exercise, too. I laughed at the thought, and my heart felt big.

As I got home, cleaned up and climbed into bed, I felt God still with me. You see, the hubby is gone for a month, and God knows I get scared and lonely. But for the past two nights, there has been no fear or emptiness. Only the feeling of peace and love. I recalled the Priscilla Ahn song "Dream" as I laid in bed.

"Long walks in the dark through woods grown behind the park, I asked God who I'm supposed to be. The stars smiled down on me, God answered in silent reverie. I said a prayer and fell asleep. I had a dream."

After I said my prayers, I thanked God for always having my back and for loving me. As I closed my eyes, I smiled and my heart felt big.


1 comment:

Shannon Leigh Anderson said...

awww, I loved this. gave me goosebumps!