Monday, August 9, 2010

Bouquets of sharpened pencils

It's the second week in August. Sorority girls are back in town. That can only mean one thing (that I care about)...BACK TO SCHOOL! {Sigh} I love this time of year because it is the beginning of fall. I am beginning to see little glimpses of fall. Cobwebs that won't go away no matter how much I hose them down, the new Crate and Barrel catalog and Target's Back to School section that is filled with backpacks, crayons, lunch boxes, pencils, etc. I love it.

I remember when I was a little girl, my favorite thing about going back to school was getting new shoes. I always got Reebok high-tops with the velcro strap. I was cool even back then. I also loved the teachers' bulletin boards. I almost became a teacher just so I could design bulletin boards. Then there's finding your cubbie hole and coat rack for all your stuff. Not too mention parent teacher conferences! {Gasp!} I want to be a kid again!

This time of year makes me want to bust out the movie "You've Got Mail!" which has one of my favorite lines "I would like to send you a bouquet of sharpened pencils." Weird I know. But its so "fall" of Tom Hanks to say in that movie, and as Meg Ryan is reminiscing about him typing that to her, she is filling a mason jar with none other than candy corn {Sigh} And I think she might have even had a pumpkin under her arm.

I love fall...a lot.

p.s. Update on weekend. Float trip was not a complete failure or success. No beers to the head or cigarettes put out on the arm, but there was some d-ram-a! Not caused by me, fyi. I did, however, do two awesome back flips off the boat, and I have never done a back flip in my life. I rocked it...the flip and the boat. Oh yea!

No comments: